Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Near the Pond and Sunset

I like green, white and black combination. It is so cooling in this hot summer time. By the way, it is summer all the time in Singapore. In this case, the colors are specially lovely to me.

Comparing to acrylic painting, watercolor painting is so much neat. You don't need to worry about your paints are drying in your plate. It is so easy to wash off the paints.

Today is a productive day. I talked to a long lost friend through phone and did another painting. I just found this friend yesterday. We talked for a very long time and I am so happy.

I am using a hairdryer to dry the watercolor painting while adding different layers. This allows me to paint quickly. I am able to do part of another painting in Acrylic "Sunset". Initially I was trying also to use watercolor, but I was worried that the color may get muddy for the sky. It has so much different colors and so rich. I should try it next time to challenge myself.




Title: Near the Pond
Watercolor on paper
size: 6.5" x 9", $40 + $5 S & H

Title: Sunset (Work in Progress)
Acrylic on watercolor paper
Size: 16" x 18"