Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Vase and Jade


I love vase and Jade. I want to learn how to do ceramic very much. But as my baby is too small, I don't want to leave her to take lessons.

Jade is amazing, it gets so different when it is old comparing to new one. The colors and the patterns are very intricate.

I put them here in this painting. It is a new design for me and it's fun!

Gazing in acrylic is a breeze because it is very transparent and also won't mess up the colors underneath. I use several gazing here.

I try to create printmaking effect on the red part. I think it is quite successful. What I did is that I paint the bright red first. Then I add red tint with black. Before this layer gets too dry, I use a tissue paper to rubber it. It is a nice effect.

Acrylic on acrylic paper
size: 12 x 16, $80