Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Small Houses 6 and Artist Style

This is the last one of the series. This house is in front of a peaceful lake.

I love to paint some more, but I think I'll do it again some other time. Now I want to explore some other interesting ideas. I cannot stick on one thing for long.

This reminds about an issue that I'm always thinking. What is the artist style and how do I have one? Will I have one for someone like me always attracted to new possibilities?

Today I found that one artist that I like suddenly posts a painting that is totally different from her usual style. It is so freshing.

I see some artists who always use one style and you won't get bored with it. One of them is my favorite artist Marcella Paliekara. I like her delicate and dreaming style and always find surprises, interesting and beauty in her new paintings.

There are certain qualities in the style I guess that make the style work. Some style may be surprisingly beautiful initially, but with long run, it gets bored. But some will not.

Acrylic on heavy paper
size: 5 x 11, $45

5 comments:

Franco said...

Hi Lily..very very nice work. I love it!! Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Franco
www.francoyong.com

Lily Pang said...

Thank you franco!

Marcella Paliekara said...

Hi Lily,

Thanks so much for your remarks about my work. You wonder if you have a style? You definitely have a style that is uniquely yours. Your style is in your color, design, and in lines that make up your flowers, trees, or the women you paint. Your work is fresh and always appealing.

Jean Levert Hood said...

I have so enjoyed your small house series, Lily! Wonderful pieces.

Lily Pang said...

Thank you both Jean and Marcella. It nice to know that I am accumulating some style.