Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Flower Path

This is a larger piece of 20" x 20". It's fun to paint the tree and the leaves. I didn't use wash here and just use brush strokes. It reminds me of Chinese painting on rice paper.

I have learned Chinese painting in my Collage time. My university is the famous Zhejiang University located in the most beautiful city in China Hangzhou. It was a very fun time. We sometime went out to the garden and river side to do outdoor paintings under the warm spring sunshine. I just wanted to have some fun at that time and never thought I'll do painting full time now. If I knew, I would study harder then.

I am also working on my website and hope it will be ready for the blog anniversary sale planned from Sept. 15th to Oct. 15th.

Watercolor on Paper
Size: 20" x 20", $350 + $12 S & H