Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Harvest Time

Painting watercolor needs the right mood. I am not in that mood for watercolor all the time. But today I think I have to do something because I am under pressure.

The Etsy watercolor team has a September challenge. It is due on Sept. 18th. If I don't do it now I am not sure if I'll meet the deadline.

The original photo for us to paint is a pile of pumpkins.
I thought it would be fun to add some flowers.

This is the first time I try on the new paper I brought from China for still-life painting. I found the paper is just fantastic. It is much better than some other expensive ones. I should have brought more.

If you find that my style is so much different from previous ones, I think it is because I am painting still-life. I found that the methods that I use to paint still-life is very different from painting landscapes.

Watercolor on paper
Size: 11.5" x 14", $130 + 9 S & H