Michelle and Cello

Music art and Cello

Friday, August 1, 2008

Autum at My Home

This is a bigger painting than those I painted recently. I was very careful when painted this and tried not to spoil the freshness of the paint when I painted the wall. I was running in and out of the living toilet all the time to wash the brush and change water.

It is very easy to get paint dirty after using something like cadmium red, orange or yellow. I cannot just rinsing the brush, I must squeeze it to get all the paint out in order not to get dirty paint when I use it again.

I am a very inpatient person and always try to get something done as fast as I can. I paint sometime during the feeding session of my baby. She takes very long time to sallow a mouth of food. While waiting for her to sallow, I sometime paint a bit. But this turned out to be disaster most of the time because I didn't wash my brush properly.

You must be settled and concentrate in order to paint watercolor.

Watercolor on paper
Size: 11.5" x 14", $90 + $9 S & H

4 comments:

Marian said...

The painting is fantastic. I would say on the top 5 of your paintings. I said it already and will again, your watercolors are beautiful. i think it is a medium that really fits you.

I am very impatient too, which sometimes results in not being too neat and having to do it again. I work when my kid goes to sleep his mid-afternoon nap. Otherwise he wants to "help".

Nice one again Lily!

Lori McNamara said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog! I like your paintings and your photos, your child is beautiful. I remember when my son was young, we had fun painting together.
There is a fairly new brush out now, I bought some for out door painting, it has a soft plastic handle that holds water, you squeeze out the water as you need it. They are fun to use. You don't have to run to get water so much.

Lily Pang said...

Thank Marian! It is good to know that I made progress.

My daughter more and more likes to "help" me now. I am thinking of moving my studio up again.

Lily Pang said...

Thanks Lori for sharing the tips!