Michelle and Cello

Music art and Cello

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Merry-go-Round: If you had the time/money etc etc, what new craft or art would you like to try this new year?

It's time for another ride on the merry-go-round! Jump on and join a group of artists/crafts-women as they link around the world and tell you a little about their lives in art and craft.

This month's question that myself and 8 other women will answer is " If you had the time/money etc etc, what new craft or art would you like to try this new year?"

There are so many things I would like to try such as making other types of laptop skin, try learning making prints such as wood cut or monoprints. Jeweleries are also something I would like to try. I am thinking if I can modify some of my work to be pendants or other form of Jeweleries.

I should think hard on this topic. I don't think it is ok for me to do only things I am doing now or in only the way I am doing. I have to find new way or new things.

Please don't forget to read others:

4 comments:

Easterya said...

It would be absolutely incredible to be able to wear your prints as pendants!!! Oh please Lily, find a way!!!!

Karen Faulkner said...

For me it is either batik, pottery throwing, or ikebana flower arranging, or all three!
I'd love to see Lily pendants too. Lily, you can convo MadisonReeceDesigns at Etsy if you are looking for source, she's making some for me that will be in her shop soon.

Marian said...

You could maybe make super small prints and then make pendants like those.. scrabble tiles pendants or fused in glass... You have lovely drawings, so maube you could transfer them to...t-shirts, fabrics (and a whole new range of products opens up there), print paper or cardstock as supplies for other crafts... so many things.
I think you should go ahead and read a lot about woodcut or lino prints (which is soemthing you can do at home without going bankrupt to begin with) and start experimenting!

Good luck Lily!

Lily Pang said...

Thanks for the encouragement and information. I'd love to try them!