Michelle and Cello

Music art and Cello

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Merry-go-Round: Favorite Color and How It Comes into Your Work

It's time for another ride on the merry-go-round! Jump on and join a group of 7 artists/crafts-women as they link around the world and tell you a little about their lives in art and craft.

This month topic is: Favorite color and how it comes into your work .
I have no single favorite color. My favorite colors are in delicate, gentle and dreamy tones such as beige, pink, light green or blue. See the examples below:
I like people using sharp strong colors in their work such as bright red, green and blue. One day I may also use these colors. I like every color and want to try to see the how they will turn out in a painting.

I would also like to try mysterious black, gray and white or silver. They are modern and attractive to me. Colors are so magical.

Find out more about color and work:
Mitsy at ArtMin
Sara at Sara's Texture Crafts
Marian, Florcita's Art
Agathe at Le Bar du Vent
Fabienne at Easterya
Ruth at Birdland Creation 
Kim at My Textile Adventures

7 comments:

Vilt à la Kim said...

I love the top painting! Really nice and colorfull!!

Sara's Texture Crafts said...

I love your use of colour... I can never get delicate shades to 'come out right' for me, but you do it very well indeed.
Sx

Florcita said...

Colours are a reflection of who we are... and I think you are a sweet woman with a fantastically delicate and detailed porfolio. You should use the colours that best express YOU.

meherio68 said...

Lovely soft colours indeed! Just what you want to look at, any time...

Ruth said...

I love the softness of your colors - but then when you look at your spring necklace - there is that bright green - my favorite color!

ArtMind said...

I agree with Marianna: colors reflect who you are in your artwork.
Why change? Perhaps to get out of your comfort zone a bit? But I think you'll automatically go back to the pastels. ;) Beautiful work!

Easterya said...

Your soft colours are beautiful, but you are just as talented with stronger colours, which is what attracted me to your art in the first place. Some of your earlier pieces are beautifully fresh and zingy, I remember a blue and pink one that was just superb!!