Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cherry Bird Monotype Print and Primtmaking Lesson

Yesterday was the first lesson of the printmaking class that I registered in Nanyang Academy of Fine Art. This is the Cherry Bird I made with monotype technique.

Monotype Plastic Plate
We roll black ink in a tray and apply the ink in a monotype plastic plate. We cover the plastic plate with a paper and draw the picture in the top of the paper. The above image is created during drawing when paper absorbs the ink. It is quite different from plainly drawing on paper using charcoal or ink pen. It has smedges  that are very pretty.

When I got the paper out of the plate, I noticed that the ink is darker in the right side. I realized that I didn't apply ink evenly. The ink in the right side has more thick ink. There is so much to learn down the road.

 The Printmaking Class Room