Michelle and Cello

Music art and Cello

Friday, September 25, 2009

Merry-go-Round: What's Your Next Chapter?

It's time for another ride on the merry-go-round! Jump on and join a group of 9 artists/crafts-women as they link around the world and tell you a little about their lives in art and craft.
 
This month topic is: What's Your Next Chapter?

This is a really excellent question. I am also always asking myself what is my next chapter? I have been producing and selling art for about 3 years. I am very happy that I did produce some pieces of art that I love and some prints that are selling very well. But there is so much need to be improved and to learn.

 
Reading in the Library
Our family have moved to an apartment and my baby daughter is going to go  to a nursery school soon. She is going to have a new chapter in her life and so am I. I will spend more time with her and chauffeur her around. This is the most most important thing for me currently.

As for my art, I'll concentrate more on experimenting on new ways of expressing. Recently I have been using soften ways of creating dreamy romantic birds paintings. I also would like to try to create a character such as the ones in Spring and Girl and Peony. Of course, I'll continue to work on the things that are well accepted.

That's all from mine. Please do read from the following to find out more about others on what their next chapter.
Jenny at Jenny Karlsson design
Wendren at Wren
Sara at Sara's Texture Crafts
Charlotte at Fancy Picnic
Marian, Florcita's Art
Agathe at Le Bar du Vent
Fabienne at Easterya
Ruth at Birdland Creation 

8 comments:

florcita said...

Isn't it interesting how, for those of us whom are mothers, out lives get adapted alongside our kids. I suppose that comes with the territory, right??

Ruth said...

I'll look forward to seeing how you develop a character in your work. Sounds a lovely idea.

meherio68 said...

We all have to juggle several lives around, or so it seems...

Easterya said...

So wonderful to see how your life is changing and I am sure your little girl will inspire a lot of your future gorgeous paintings!!!

Jenny said...

Sometimes life does get in the way, although it is all intertwined. I love your art, and it'll be great to see what new things will appear.
Your daughter are so cute, by the way. I love her socks! :D

'fancypicnic' said...

Right there with you, Lily - that juggling thing we do with our lives and families!
You sound so positive in what lies ahead for you...sounds exciting, this new character of yours. Beautiful I'm sure, just like all of your art. xx

Wendren said...

Those new designs sound exciting and fun. I hope you have a lot of success with them and enjoy spending the time with your daughter.

Sara's Texture Crafts said...

Baby's first steps into school... you must be so proud and scared all at the same time. One day, I hope I will share the same experience.

Your work is just looking more and more beautiful these days... I wish you all the luck! And thank you for being so inspirational.

Sara x