Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art

Friday, March 6, 2009

Resin Glazed Pendants and Earrings

I was working on charm framed pendants and earrings all these days. Initially I was trying to use diamond glaze because it is easy, not toxic. But I failed.

First, diamond glaze ruins my inkjet printed pictures. It always makes the colors of the image bleeding, even after I coated the image with acrylic coatings. Second, diamond either cracks or gives very cloudy look of the coating.

Finally I try to use resin. It is toxic and very troublesome, specially with a baby at house. But I don't know what else I can do and I love to try on these charm framed art jewelries.

I was given a lot advise and support from Singapore Esty Team. They powered many tips and tricks. It is such a great team.

I really like to thank Deborah, Cheryl and Ruth for their very kind support.

I put these charm frames on a box to cue to prevent dust settling in. I hope it turns out nicely when they are cued.

I am so looking forward to show some necklace and earrings soon.

5 comments:

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

These are beautiful so far, Lily! Can't wait to see the end results.
Good Luck!

Aloha,
LisaBongZee

LisaBongZee ~ Island Dream Life said...

These are beautiful, Lily!
Can't wait to see the finished results.
Good Luck!

Aloha,
LisaBongZee

clydebink said...

what about acrylic gel medium? I have no idea if that will do what you want to do, but no one else has suggested anything yet.

florcita said...

I have never worked with neither glaze nor resin... I've always been intrigued about it, bit never done anything.
They are looking good Lily, so maybe all this work might work out in the end!

artbylmr said...

Lily - these are gorgeous! I used Modge Podge for my sealer on my magnets and it works pretty well.