Michelle and Cello

Music art and Cello

Friday, March 27, 2009

Merry-go-Round: What is your favorite (easy) recipe?

It's time for another ride on the merry-go-round! Jump on and join a group of artists/crafts-women as they link around the world and tell you a little about their lives in art and craft.

This month's question that myself and 10 other women will answer is " What is your favorite (easy) recipe?"

After reading the posts from us, you probably can have a banquet with the dishes that are easy and with flavors from all around the world!

My very fast and easy recipe is Pepper Crab. It is also one of the famous dishes in Singapore together with the chilly crab. It is very easy and the only difficult part of it is to cut the crabs. Because you need to buy live crabs, thus it is very scary to cut them alive without bitten by them.

Ingredient:

1. 3 crabs
2. 3 table spoon of black pepper
3. 4 garlic
4. 4 slice of ginger
5. Some light soy source
6. Some green onion

Preparing steps:

1. Cut garlic and ginger into small pieces
2. Cut each crab into 4 pieces and clean it thoroughly. Throw the intestinal and the belly shell of the crab
4. Fry the galic and ginger in a pan till they turn brown
5. Put the crab in and stir it. Add pepper and soy source and stir well. Cover the pan to cook it for about 2 minutes.
6. Put the crab in a plate and add some chopped green onion. It is best to serve it when it is hot.

Please read others to find out what are the easy recipe they have from around world.

8 comments:

Easterya said...

This looks yummy Lily! I love crabmeat, nice and simple, I'll pass this on to my hubby!!

florcita said...

oh my god this sounds so yummy!!!! I wonder if I can get crab around here!!
Great recipe Lily!

meherio68 said...

I would love to taste this— though I would find it difficult to face the "scary" stage...

Sara's Texture Crafts said...

Wow, wow, wow Lily... I love this dish, I will have to try it.

You have reminded me of a business trip to Porto I did some years ago. We were at a seafood resaurant by the harbour and watching the fishermen bringing the fish and crab straight into the bar area... I was so amazed at the beautiful crab I said, 'oh yes I'd love some crab tonight' and promptly ordered my dish.

Sometime later the waiter came to the table carrying a steaming bucket and a side dish of rice... 'oh my' I said 'what can this be?' I ordered a small dish. Before I knew it he presented me with the largest crab I have ever seen (the size of my head... no lie) and a small saw and axe! 'Enjoy your crab' he said and left me to it!! Everyone around the table laughed and laughed... I must have looked very shocked!

In the UK it is usual to have the crab prepared for you, so you can imagine how silly I felt to ask for help at a business dinner!

Fortunately I had plenty of help from the factory owners around the table, still to this day they tease me about that crab!!

:))

Sx

Beaded Zen said...

Awww, I can eat crab, but maybe will try your recipe with chicken. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

Ruth said...

I love the combination of ginger and soy - but have never done it with crab. Hmm - have to be brave one day as it sounds great.

Jenny said...

I have to agree with Florcita in this case.. Well, I don't think I could do that to the crab! Then I am a big softy I guess.. :)

'fancypicnic' said...

I love crab - this does sound delicious. I'll have to steel myself to handle/'chop into' a live one...

You're quite right about the banquet - isn't it great?