Michelle and Cello

Music art and Cello

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Flower Tree and Bird


I created two versions of this Flower Tree and Bird. These two are totally digital colored.

I found one problem with digital color is that the picture looks too neat to be interesting. To solve this problem I use some splattering brushes to try to modify this. You can compare the two blue ones in the above and down. I feel the above one is better.

Another thing I want to try later is to scan a background texture from a painting to add more life to a digital painting.
Print size: 8.5 x 11, $18

4 comments:

Marcella Paliekara said...

This is very lovely as is the poppy piece. When you say you will scan texture from another painting, is that like layering one image over the other? I used to use Photoshop on a friend's computer, and I loved it. I did it with photos and created some wonderful effects. It was so much fun that I found it hard to get back to doing non-computer art. I guess what I liked so much was trying things out and seeing instantly what the effects were. I hope you continue your paintings too because they are fantastic.

Lily Pang said...

Thanks Marcella. Yes, you are right. I want to try to scan another painting into a layer and play around with it.

Thanks for your comment. I also thinking if I will forget about what I have learned on painting. I'll give myself sometime to explore digital media and see what type of interesting result will come out. After that I'll try to paint some day and do mixed media with digital art some day. Hope this will work out.

Michelle said...

These are fabulous. So many things to experiment with, so little time! Do you scan your pices in or take a picture of them?

dianeclancy said...

Hi Lily,

These are lovely. I think there are some ways to create texture in Photoshop too. I don't think you will forget how to paint!! I am sure I will - but not you.

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.YourArtMarketing.com