Lily Pang Art & Design Gift Idea, canvas print, large size print, iPhone Skins Decals, Corporate Gifts, Art Laptop Skin, Art Necklaces, Glass Pendants, Original Printmaking Prints, Original Watercolor and Acrylic Paintings, Art Jewelries, Wedding Gifts

Friday, October 5, 2007

African Violet Series 2 - dreaming african voilet


I love to paint African violet. I try to create a series of it. This is a blue one. I used black color to create a grey background for the blue flower. It gives a dreamy result to the picture and also makes the blue flower glowing.

As a general rule, you should not mix color with black to avoid muddy color. But in this painting, I feel that the grey generated from the black helps the blue to shine. Sometime I love to use black when I need to get certain color to glow such as pink or dark red.

Size: 16x 23 cm / 6 x 9'', USD$25, SGD$38

No comments: