Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sunflower and Pears - Work In Progress

Another still-life. Last Sunday I went to the beach near my house and found some lovely sunflower in one of the house near the beach. I have this still-life setup before but with different flower. It was named Summer Time. But with sunflower, it should be autumn time, although in Singapore, there is no season. Sunflowers blossom all the time.

It is very difficult to put your first stroke in the white paper. The start of the painting is always exciting with sharp contrast with the white paper. I love what on the paper right now.

But with the development of the painting, you get more and more difficult to manage the contrast and colors. Sometime, I have to through away the whole painting after it's done because it does not turn out right.

Size: 14"x 19.5"/36 x 50 cm