Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Monday, March 26, 2012

Magnolia and Bird Original Oil and Acrylic Painting

Order the Painting
I have spent sometime on the weekend to finish the painting. I want to put more colors into it by introducing the red and green. It was painted on 24 x 30"/61 x 76 cm stretched canvas and ready to  hang.

Since I have a child in my house and my studio is one of the rooms in my apartment, I don't paint oil using normal turpentine any more to avoid air pollution. I paint more acrylics. But I like oil much better because of the rich texture and color. I just found a new way to using oil by combing it with acrylics. I paint some part using acrylics and some using oils without diluting them using turpentine. The result is wonderful.

More views of the painting:
The sides are painted.