Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Report my Begonia Rex

I sense that my begonia rex is more and more unhappy these days. Today I decide to examine it.



I take it out and within in my expectation, the roots are very weak and not developing very well. I have to repot it.



This is the soil mix I use this time. Last time I used more peat moss and potting soil. This time I make it grittier.

Almost equal part of peat, potting soil, pumice, red volcanic rock, black volcanic rock, perlite and vermicast. 



I love the feeling of touching soil. It’s so relaxing.


Add all the soil with the begonia.


Give it a through watering. I use the water from my rooting bottle that was old water safer for



Leave it at the best area for tropical plants a southwest outdoor corner without direct west sunlight. It’s cool and humid.

Hope it will live happily ever after!