Lily Pang Art

Lily Pang Art and Design, Gardening, Painting

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Arts Singapore 2007

Today I went to the Arts Singapore 2007 which exhibits the collections from the galleries around Asia countries such as China, Vietnam, Taiwan and Singapore.

It is quite interesting and allows me to feel the pulse of what's going on in the art world around Asia. I am very impressed by some of the China's art pieces such as the migration workers. You can see how the hardship, naiveness and sincere are conveyed so vividly by the artist from the faces, postures of the workers and surroundings.
There are some pieces from Indonesia which are full of life such as the mother and child above. I also like Indian art very much. Their art are also full of their own identity that are very unique.

But some of other pieces give me some kind of funny feeling such as the ones below.